Manager Maintenance (A-Shift Utilities) (Bradford)
Compensation: $43,435.00 - $63,560.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Facility Maintenance
Loading some great jobs for you...
Reporting to the Director of Engineering, the Manager of Maintenance is responsible for leading a team of maintenance technicians in support of A-Shift (rotating day shift) maintenance activities of HVAC, electrical and Utilities systems at Amgen's manufacturing site in Rhode Island.
Specific duties include:
- With minimal direction, provide leadership, coaching and technical expertise to a team of 5 to 10 Utilities, electrical and HVAC Technicians.
- Ensure activities are accomplished in a safe manner.
- Ensure work is completed with minimal disruption to site operations while complying with procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Identify opportunities for improvement, recommend solutions, and manage implementation. Foster an environment of continuous improvement and Lean Leadership.
- Effectively communicate with key stakeholders regarding maintenance activities.
- Ensure high resource utilization and maximize staff productivity while fostering a flexible workforce and a culture of collaboration across shifts and departments.
- Provide field support to troubleshoot, identify, and resolve issues.
- Manage maintenance service providers in safe, compliant and cost-effective manner.
- Develop and manage small improvement projects, as necessary, including driving use of predictive analytics tools.
- Be routinely present in the field to observe staff and activities. Remove obstacles and eliminate waste.
- Assess skills and capabilities of team. Ensure appropriate staff development occurs.
- Provide support when required - this may be outside of normal working hours including days, weekends and holidays.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Master's degree and 3 years of Maintenance, Operations or Engineering experience
Bachelor's degree and 5 years of Maintenance, Operations or Engineering experience
Associate's degree and 10 years of Maintenance, Operations or Engineering experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Maintenance, Operations or Engineering experience
Previous managerial experience directly managing people and/or experience leading teams, projects, programs or directing the allocation of resources Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering or other technical discipline.
- 1+ years of supervisory experience.
- 1+ years of maintenance management experience.
- Troubleshooting, problem solving and investigation skills related to electro-mechanical equipment and systems.
- Experience utilizing a computerized maintenance management system.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and facilitation skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with minimum direction, manage multiple tasks and effectively set priorities.
- Ability to negotiate effectively and resolve conflicts.
Ability to drive improvement utilizing Operational Excellence tools.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Associated topics: corporate, director, lead, luxury, manager i, manager ii, manager iv, office manager, superintendent, supervisor
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...