Maintenance Specialist B, 2nd Shift
Compensation: $38,535.00 - $65,090.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Founded in 1946 and headquartered in Milford, New Hampshire (USA), Hitchiner Manufacturing Co., Inc. is the premier supplier of complete-to-print, high-volume, complex thin-wall investment castings and fully-finished casting-based subassemblies and components to industry. The company leads the industry in volume production, reduced lead-times and just-in-time manufacturing. Hitchiner produces castings in hundreds of different alloys for a broad spectrum of global markets and customers that include the leaders in the automotive, aerospace, and other industries.
Troubleshoot to determine root cause and corrective for hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical systems and devices on all manner of equipment in the investment casting foundry. Provide concepts for equipment upgrades to improve safe operation, productivity, and ease of operation.
Tools and Equipment:
Typical devices, components and equipment that will be addressed in the normal scope of work include but are not limited to:
- Inductions coils for water leaks and electrical/control issues
- Vacuum systems for gas/air leaks and electrical/controls issues
- Motor starters and VFDs
- Hydraulic cylinders and equipment/systems utilizing hydraulics
- Pneumatic cylinders and equipment/systems utilizing pneumatics
- PLC controls and electrical circuitry within control cabinets Facilities supplied resources such as HVAC including chillers and humidification equipment, compressed air systems, water and site electrical services
Typical materials encountered include but are not limited to:
- Steel in various geometries
- Electrical supplies: switches, wires, conduit, electrical cabinets, fuses motor starters, VFDs, contactors and similar electrical devices
- Hydraulic oils, lubrication oils, greases
- Building supplies, wood, sheet rock, Masonite, concrete, and similar
Direction of Others:
Provide technical guidance and/or instruction to lower classified personnel. May direct efforts of others when assigned as the lead on a given project.
- The following are the usual major job duties, but this job description does not preclude the performance of other duties as assigned by the supervisor:
- Perform lockout/tagout to meet all regulatory and safe working procedures
- In a self-directed situation or as part of a team perform troubleshooting and root cause analysis on complex equipment and/or equipment subsystems for individual or multi-disciplinary issues involving one or more of mechanical, electrical or controls.
- Provide feedback based on troubleshooting including possible solutions along with supplies needed for the resolution
- Once a solution is agreed to execute resolution with minimal oversight
- Work to minimize downtime for production and support equipment by executing preventive maintenance and providing feedback for predictive maintenance.
- Be able to read, interpret accurately and work to electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic schematic drawings
- Follow all safety requirements of the job as outlined on the job safety card.
- Execute all activities in a safe manner utilizing all PPE required
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor
- Complete all paperwork associated with the job. Correctly maintain all forms and instruction sheets
- Maintain a clean and orderly working environment Inform your supervisor about problems that occur
- May be required to handle hazardous waste by collecting and transferring the waste into proper containers at satellite storage areas or storage areas and assuring that the containers are properly inspected, labeled, and closed as required. Must follow correct instruction for handling hazardous waste and report any deviations to supervisor immediately. Must attend yearly instruction in hazardous waste handling and review of current procedures if job duties could affect non-compliance.
Special Skills and/or Experience:
- Advanced Military Training School a plus
- Journeyman Electrician license a plus
- NFPA 70E certification a plus
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs
- HVAC experience a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Associated topics: automotive, diagnose, field service, machine maintenance, machine repair, maintenance, malfunction, mechanical, millwright, service technician
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...