SERVICE CENTER MECHANIC-CASUAL Competitive Hourly Rate (Media)
Compensation: $41,335.00 - $63,940.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
JOB TITLE: "B" Service Center Mechanic
REPORTS TO: Service Center Manager/Director of Fleet Management/Field Maintenance Supervisor
OVERVIEW OF ROLE: To complete repairs, inspections and service of all company equipment in a safe, timely and cost efficient manner.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Knowledge and capability to complete minor Power Equipment, Trailer and Forklift repairs.
- Qualified to perform all types of Preventative Maintenance procedures on all equipment
- Component replacement water pumps, turbo, 5th wheels, clutches, transmissions, etc.
- Lubrication of any type of power equipment, trailers & dolly's and proper inspection (as instructed).
- Knowledge and understanding of troubleshooting procedures and failure analysis of component parts.
- Diagnosis of mechanical, electrical and other manufactured systems to properly identify related problems, breakdown or failure related to Equipment, including but not limited to:
- Engine Systems
- Electrical/Lighting Systems
- Clutch and Drive train Systems
- Heat/Air conditioning Systems
- Brake System - check operation of air valves, cams, brake shoes and condition of air hoses.
- Chassis/Body -Power Equipment and Trailers
- Overhead Door Systems repairs
- Basic Tire Knowledge
- Ability to operate laptop computer for diagnostics purposes
- Proper reporting of accidents: (photos - decals - unit # - date).
- Capable of welding and cutting as necessary (Oxy/Act, Stick, Tig and Mig)
- Capable of repairing all types of liftgates.
- Minor Building Maintenance repairs to dock, service center and related equipment
- Maintain clean work area.
- Complete all paper work and records in an accurate and timely manner:
- Must be able to read and write.
- Repair orders - complete repair order and note all comments.
- Parts - identify parts being used so they are properly charged out.
- Shop cards - properly complete shop cards daily.
- Computer TMT maintenance software system
All employees are expected to maintain superior customer relations, be involved and committed to continuous improvement, be willing to train and give aid to fellow employees. Work in an efficient manner, receive constructive criticism and praise in a business-like fashion, and maintain a positive attitude.
- Understanding and application of the safety practices related to this position.
- Understanding of the proper handling of hazardous material.
- Understanding and application of DOT, EPA, ICC, and OSHA rules & regulations.
- Ability to accurately read gauges and dials and accomplish specialized detail work required.
TOOLS: Maintain an adequate supply of personally owned hand tools to accomplish work.
LICENSE: Must possess a valid commercial driver's license, Class A. Applicants with an E restriction (automatic transmission only), or K restriction (intrastate only) on their CDL will not be considered for hire until those restrictions have been removed from their license.
TRAINING: Must be willing to participate in training classes given by or requested by the company. Must be willing to assist and train other Ward employees in areas of job classification as needed, which may involve travel to outside shop locations if necessary.
TRAVEL: Travel as required for maintenance reasons, including to outside service center locations. Period of stay will be determined on required need.
SCHEDULE: Must be willing to work in different departments, including shift changes and days of the week to keep the company operating in an efficient manner.
ENVIRONMENT: May be subject to climate fluctuations of a normal shop environment. May spend 50% of time exposed to heat, cold, dust, etc. May work with and be exposed to hazardous materials.
- After job offer, must meet or exceed medical standards of the US Dept. of Transportation and successfully pass company requirements.
- Must be able to pass all medical qualifications for a D.O.T. physical (even those applicants who do not have a CDL) as stated in the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations.
- Must be able to move, operate, lift, and store specialized equipment that includes, but not limited to welding equipment, hand tools, shop machines, and power.
- May require working underneath the trailer, tractor or truck.
- Must be able to enter/exit cab using footholds, ladders and handholds where available.
- Must be able to spend 80% of the day standing and 20% of the day walking on surfaces such as concrete, wood, and metal.
- Must be able to successfully pass a post offer physical agility test, specifically designed for the tasks associated with the position. The physical demands for this position are "Heavy", as defined by the Dictionary of Occupational Titles: Exerting 50 to 100 lb of force occasionally, and/or 25 to 50 lb of force frequently, and/or 10 to 20 lb of force constantly to move objects, physical demand requirements are in excess of those for medium work.
- Specific physical demands include, but are not limited to:
- Carrying: Occasional, up to 56 lbs., up to 25 feet
- Pushing: Occasional, up to 100 lbs., up to 150 feet
- Pulling: Occasional, up to 100 lbs., up to 150 feet
- Lifting - Floor to Knee, Knee to Waist, Waist to Shoulder: Occasional, up to 100 lbs.
- Lifting - Shoulder and Above: Occasional, up to 56 lbs.
- Balancing, Climbing, Crouching, Kneeling, Lying down, Reaching (below
shoulder), Sitting: Occasional
- Stooping, Twisting, Bending, Reaching (shoulder or above), Standing: Frequent
This job description does not necessarily represent an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other different tasks be performed as circumstances change.
Associated topics: commercial, community, coordinator, housing assistant, management, manager iv, office manager, operations manager, property manager, resident
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...